Ingredients: 1/2 lb. beef, 7 dried brown, oak mushrooms, 1/4 carrot, 1/3 lb. mung-bean sprouts, 2 oz. small green onion, 3 red peppers, 1 round onion, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. rice wine, 3 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sesame salt, 2 tbsp. chopped green onion, 2 tsp. garlic, black pepper, salt, MSG
1. Cut the beef into thin strips, mix with the seasonings and let it stand. Slice the round onion into thin strips.
2. Soak water and remove the stems. Slice thinly and fry them lightly with the sesame oil, soy sauce and sugar.
3. Remove the beans and hair-like tips from the ming-bean sprouts and scald them slightly. Drain and mix them with the salt and sesame oil.
4. Cut the carrots into thin strips 2" long. Cut the small green onion into the same lengths.
5. Halve the red peppers, remove the seems and cut the peppers into thin strips.
6. Place the sliced round onion, 1/6 dried mushroom and 1/6 beef in the center of the pot.
7. Pile the beef and bean sprouts n the center of the pan and colorfully arrange the carrot, small green oinon, mung-bean sprouts, dried mushrooms, red peppers and beef around them.
8. Make meat broth and season it with the salt, black pepper and MSG. Add the meat broth to 37 and boil briefly at the table.
Hint: By marinating the beef in the sugar and rice wine first, the meat will be tender and will not give off an odor. Mung-bean sprouts do not remain tasty if rinsed in cold water.