Saturday, October 12, 2013

Philippine Bananas and Pineapples

As we know, Philippines is famous for its mangoes, bananas and pineapples. If we go to the supermarket, we'll see that the bananas and pineapples they sell are from the Philippines. They are my hubby's favorites. The food that he usually eats when he visits the Philippines. They are his favorite fruits even here in Korea so I usually buy bananas when I go to the supermarket.

Bananas are expensive here but at night, they are on sale so I always buy them at night. Here are the bananas that are imported from the Philippines.



Then we went out and on our way home, we saw a truck selling some pineapples in the street. Again, they are dole pineapples. Another fruits from the Philippines. When it comes to pineapples and bananas, dole and del monte and famous in the country. I bought two pineapples. They are cheap but the problem is, I don't know how to peel them. I've never tried to peel pineapples so I think I will have a hard time peeling them.



I'd rather buy pineapples in can. They are not fresh but we can drink pineapple juice, too.

No comments: