Ingredients: 4 lb. beef ribs, 4 1/2 tbsp. sugar, 3 tbsp. rice wine, 1/2 cup chopped green onion, 1 tbsp. garlic, 9 tbsp. soy sauce, 2 tbsp. sesame salt, 2 tbsp. sesame oil, black pepper, MSG, 2 carrots, 15 chest nuts, 20 gingko nuts, 10 jujubes, 1 Korean white radish, 2 round onions, 3 cups water, 3 tbsp. pine nuts
1. Have the butcher cut the ribs into pieces 2 1/3" long. Wash and score them diagonally at 1/3" intervals. Marinate them in the sugar and rice wine for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sesame salt, sesame oil, black pepper and MSG to make seasoning sauce.
3. Cut the carrots and white radish into chestnut-sized pieces.
4. Peel the chestnuts and clean the jujubes.
5. Peel and fry the shelled gingko nuts in an oiled pan until they turn green. Rub off the top-skins.
6. Fry the #3, #4, and #5 ingredients lightly in an oiled pan.
7. Cut the remaining carrot and round onions into thin strips.
8. Place the #7 ingredients in the bottom of a pan and make a second layer with the ribs dipped into the seasoning sauce, leaving the center empty. Add 3 cups of water and cover. Boil hard for 20 minutes and then simmer for 30 minutes on medium heat. Add the prepared gingko nuts and simmer for 10 minutes more.
9. When the ribs and other ingredients become tender, remove the lid and simmer them on high heat until glazed.
10. Arrange the #9 food attractively on a plate and sprinkle with the finely chopped pine nuts.
1. Though you cook a large quantity of ribs, 3 cups of water should be sufficient.
2. When the gingko nuts are cooked, add the broth and simmer on high heat.