Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gingko nuts

These are the gingko nuts that I always mentioned in some recipe that I posted here.


Every fall season you'll see many hajumas (old woman) shaking and picking some gingko nuts under the trees. I sometimes help them when I wait for the bus. The most delicious gingko nuts that I have tasted was when I went to the restaurant and they served us sweetened gingko nuts. It was really delicious. I need that recipe. But i'm afraid that if I learned on how to make that menu then I have to pick some gingko nuts in the street with some old woman. hehehe...

I've never seen someone selling gingko nuts because people are just picking them in the street. You'll see every trees on the road so it's not hard to get some specially in this fall season.

No comments: