Here are some of the sauces:
1. Seasoning soy sauce: Combine 4 tbsp. soy sauce, 2 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. rice wine, 1 tbsp. chopped green onion, 1 tbsp. chopped garlic, 1 tbsp. sesame oil, 1 tbsp. sesame salt (crushed sesame that has been toasted with a little salt added), and black pepper to taste. Pine nuts and extra rice wine are optional.
2. Sweet sauce: Combine 1 cup soy sauce, 1/2 lb. dark corn syrup, 1/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup water, 1 tbsp. ginger juice or flat slices of fresh ginger, 1/4 cup rice wine, 1 tsp. black pepper, and a little MSG in a pan and simmer in a low heat until thick.
3. Vinegar-soy sauce: Combine 4 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tsp. sugar, 1/2 tbsp. sesame salt, 2 tsp. vinegar, chopped green onion and garlic to taste.
4. Mustard-vinegar sauce: Slowly stir 1/2 cup boiling water into 7 tbsp. mustard powder; stir until a smooth paste forms in the bowl. Put the bowl containing the mustard paste upside down on a hot cooking pot (perhaps one where rice is cooking) and let it stand for 10-15 minutes. When the mustard is somewhat translucent add 1 tbsp. soy sauce, 3 tbsp. sugar, 1/2 cup vinegar, and 1 tsp. salt and mix well.
5. Seasoned red pepper paste: Combine 2 tbsp. red pepper paste, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. chopped garlic, 2 tbsp. chopped green onion, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. sesame salt, and 2 tbsp. sesame oil in a pan and simmer on low heat until thick.