Spring Chicken Soup Recipe
1 spring chicken
1/2 cup glutinous rice
10 cloves garlic
1 knob ginger
1. Remove the organs, lower legs, feet and head from the chicken and clean.
2. Stuff the chicken cavity with the glutinous rice and 5 cloves of garlic. Sew the body cavity shut.
3. Put the stuff chicken in a pot and add water enough to simmer. Add the jujubes, peeled chestnuts, ginger and remaining cloves of garlic. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for an hour.
4. Add the salt, black pepper and sliced green onion just before eating.
1. Stuff the chicken cavity with only a little glutinous rice, leaving room for it to expand as it cooks.
2. For medicial use, take the boiled chicken out of the broth, add ginseng root and simmer the broth again.