Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kanpunggi

There is a new restaurant booklet hanging at our door so I checked it and found kanpunggi. Kanpunggi is chicken fried with flour and seasoned with spicy sauce. I used to order kanpunggi but a few months ago, I tried to call the restaurant several times and it seems like the restaurant has been closed. After seeing the Kanpunggi, I told my hubby to try it so we ordered a small size of it and we weren't disappointed for trying it. It's much more delicious than the kanpunggi restaurant where we used to order. Now I understand why my students recommended me to eat kanpunggi which I've never heard before. I knew the menu from them but I was upset when I first tried it. I think it's the reason why the kanpunggi where I used to order was bankrupted. You know what I mean?

Anyway, this kanpunggi is really delicious. Just the way I like it. It's sweet, spicy and crunchy. Now I prefer to order kanpunggi than chicken because of this.


Doesn't it look yummy? It's also healthy because it has lots of bell peppers and onions so I sometimes eat it with the vegetables. The salad is also delicious. Btw, salad in Korea is an appetizer and not dessert. If you go to the restaurant salad is always the first one to be served. So Koreans eat salad first before rice and the main dish.

No comments: