Monday, November 10, 2008

Hobakjuk (pumpkin porridge)

My mother in law was hospitalized because of her bad eyesight. When I knew about that, I went to the market even when it was only few minutes left before the closing time so I hurried and bought this condensed milk or else I would blame myself for going out and dined out with my co-workers.


We have pumpkin at home so I thought of making "hobakjuk" (pumpkin porridge) for my mother in law.

Here's how I made hobakjuk-

Ingredients: 2 slices of pumpkin and 1/2 cup condensed milk

Method:
1. Remove the skin and cut the pumpkin.
2. Boil for 30 minutes or until it is soft.
3. Put in a blender and mix with the condensed milk until it is smooth.
4. Cook and stir often for 20 minutes.

My hubby told me to put some flour but I chose not to because I want to make it more delicious. My mother in law doesn't like porridge but she ate some and she said that she was very grateful for making porridge for her.

No comments: