Ingredients: 1 1/3 lb. pork, 2 tbsp. soybean paste, 2 knobs ginger, 1/2 lb. kimchi, tiny soused salted shrimp seasoning: (4 tbsp. salted shrimp juice, 2 tbsp. chopped green onion, 1 tsp. chopped farlic, sesame salt, 1 tbsp. red pepper powder, black pepper, sesame oil, water), lettuce leaves
1. Wash the pork with in cold water, cut it into large piece and tie them together tightly with string.
2. Slice the ginger thinly.
3. Dissolve and boil the soybean paste in water. Add the meat and ginger when boiling and simmer until tender.
4. Remove the excess fat and froth which have floated to the top.
5. When the meat is well-done, drain and rinse in cold water, wrap in a cloth and press it with heavy weight.
6. When the mean becomes firm, cut it into thin slices. Arrange the sliced meat on lettuce leaves on a plate and serve with the kimchi.
7. Mix the salted shrimps with the seasoning and serve. Add some water if the soused shrimp is too salty.
Hint: Pressed boiled pork is very tasty served with garland chrysanthemum, green pepper or vinegar-red pepper sauce.