Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Melamin (Melamine)

Because of Melamin (Melamine) that were found to be added to watered-down milk to boost its apparent protein content, many food companies specially China use this chemical. In China, the compromised dairy products are blamed for sickening 54,000 children.

Since I knew about this melamine I'm now very careful in buying some food products. I always look at the ingredients and aware of this made in China that is found on food which takes me longer time to stay in the market when I shop for food.

Melamine is described as being "Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Chronic exposure may cause cancer or reproductive damage. Eye, skin and respiratory irritant.”

And now to make sure that we buy healthy products specially children, they are now going to put green stamp for every safe snacks. I salute this idea! Thumbs Up!

No comments: