Skewered Pork and Kimchi (twaejigogi kimchisanjok)
Ingredients: 1/2 lb. pork, 1/2 lb. kimchi, 1 tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp. sesame oil, 10 small green onions, 1/2 cup flour, 1 egg, various seasonings, parsley, red radish
1. Cut the pork into 1/3"x1/3" strips and pound the pork strips with the back of knife to tenderized them. Marinate them in the seasoning sauce.
2. Cut the kimchi into 3" lengths, and squeeze out the water. Season it with the sesame oil and sugar.
3. Cut the small green onions into 3" lenghts.
4. String the pork, kimchi and green onion strips alternately on skewers. Dip one side of the skewered food into flour.
5. Dip the #4 skewered food into beaten egg and fry it until golden brown.
6. Garnish with the parsley and red radish and serve with the seasoning sauce for dipping.
Hint: A tasty variation is angelica shoots instead of kimchi.