Ingredients: 1 1/3 lb. beef, 1/3 Korean white radish, green onion, garlic, 1 egg, 1 tbsp. soy sauce, salt, black pepper, MSG, 15 cups broth
1. Cut the ribs into pieces 1 2/3" long and score them at 1/3" intervals. Halve the white radish lengthwise.
2. Fry the beaten, salted yolk and white of egg separately into sheets and cut into thin strips. Chop the green onion and garlic finely.
3. Boil the ribs and radish with 30 cups of water in a large pot. Remove the radish from the broth when cooked and simmer the ribs for about 2 hours until very tender.
4. Take the ribs out of the broth and slice the radish thinly. Then mix the ribs and radish with the soy sauce, black pepper, sesame oil, green onion and garlic.
5. Cool the broth and skim off the excess fat from the top.
6. Put the seasoned ribs and radish into the broth and bring to a boil again. Season with the black pepper and MSG.
7. Check the seasoning and place the beef rib soup in each bowl. Garnish with egg strips.
1. Scoring the ribs cross-again makes them easier to eat.
2. The soup may be saltier when cooled, so add salt sparingly when seasoning.