Ingredients: 1 lb. chicken, 1 tbsp. rice wine, 1 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 green onion, 1 knob ginger, 1 cup corn starch powder, 1/2 round onion, 2 Korean green peppers, 1/2 carrot, 2 cloves garlic, 1/3 cup sweet sauce, 2 oz. cabbage, 1/2 cucumber, 4 olive, tomato
1. Halve the whole chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with the rice wine and soy sauce and top it with the sliced ginger and round onion and steam it in a steamer.
2. Cut the steamed chicken into pieces. Dip them in flour and deep-fry them in oil.
3. Cut the round onion and green peppers into large pieces. Cut the carrot into crescent-shaped pieces and the garlic in flat pieces.
4. Fry the #3 vegetables in an oiled pan. Add the chicken and sweet sauce and simmer until glazed.
5. Place the cabbage, cucumber, and carrot cut into thin strips in a glassware dish and garnish with the olives and tomato. Serve this salad with the chicken.
Hint: To make the sweet sauce: Combine 1 cup nicely aged soy sauce, 1/2 lb grain syrup (like dark corn syrup), 1/2 cup sugar, 2/3 cup water, 1 oz. ginger cut in flat pieces, 1/4 cup rice wine, 1 tbsp. black pepper and MSG in a pan and simmer on low heat until thick.