Pork and Bamboo Shoot in Soy sauce (Seogogi Chuksunjangjorim)
Ingredients: 1/2 lb. ground beef, 4 canned bamboo shoots, 1 tbsp. chopped green onion, 2 tsp. chopped garlic, 4 tbsp. flour, 1/2 tbsp. sesame salt, 1 tsp. sesame oil, 5 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sugar, 1/2 cup water, black pepper
1. Mix the ground beef with the green onion, garlic, black pepper and sesame oil.
2. Cut the bamboo shoot into 2" long chunks.
3. Scrape out the cores of the bamboo shoot chunks and dust the insides with flour.
4. Stuff the #3 bamboo shoots with the beef mixture. Then dip the stuffed chunks in flour.
5. Boil the soy sauce, sugar and water in a pan. When the seasoning sauce boils, add the #4 stuffed chunk and simmer gently until glazed. Sprinkle with the sesame oil.
Hint: If fresh bamboo shoots (not canned) are used, scald them in boiling water to tenderize.