Barbecued Beef (Bulgogi)
Ingredients: 1 1/3 lb. top round or tenderloin of beef, 3 tbsp. sugar, 2 tbsp. rice wine, 5 tbsp. chopped garlic, 6 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sesame salt, 2 tbsp. sesame oil, black pepper, MSG, lettuce, garland chrysantrum, sesame leaves, garlic, small green onions
1. Slice the beef thinly and score lightly with a knife to make more tender. Cut it into bite-sized pieces and marinate it in the sugar and rice wine.
2. Mix the marinated beef thoroughly with the soy sauce, chopped garlic, sesame salt, MSG and sesame oil.
3. Broil the seasoned beef over hote charcoal on a grill or in a fry pan. Bulgogi is delicious served with lettuce leaves, sesame leaves, garland chrysantrum and garlic.
1. Cut the beef against the grain to make it tender.
2. Pulgogi is generally broiled over charcoal on a grill at the table. Otherwise, you may use an oven-broiler heated to 570 degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.