Sliced Raw Liver and Tripe (Kan Chonyopoe)
Ingredients: 1/2 lb. liver, 2/3 lb. tripe, 5 tbsp. pine nuts, 3 tbsp. sesame oil, 1 tbsp. salt, black pepper, sesame salt, lettuce leaves
1. Remove the membrane from the liver and slice it thinly. Then rub it lightly with salt and rinse it in running water to remove any blood.
2. Rub half of the tribe with salt and rinse it in water. Parboil in boiling water, rinse it in cold water and remove the skin.
3. Rub the remaining tripe with salt and clean it to remove the scent.
4. Cut the liver and tripe into 3/4" wide and 2" long slices. Put a pine nut on each slice and roll it up.
5. Arrange the liver and tripe rolls on lettuce leaves on a plate.
6. Serve with sesame oil, black pepper, sesame salt and salt.
1. Though you can eat raw tripe, it is safer to eat slightly scalded tripe.
2. Scald the tripe only briefly for easier removal of the skin.