Sunday, August 10, 2008

Samgyetang on Malbok



In korea, there's a day that people have to eat samgyetang, it is called "malbok" the third of the three periods of summer doldrums. They said it is hot so we have to eat samgyetang. Eating this dish will make you sweat a lot and sweating a lot is good for our health that's why we have to eat samgyetang. My boss invited us to go out to have samgyetang in malbok so i had dinner with my c-workers and boss. The next day, I prepared this samgyetang for my hubby. I always have different recipe because I only put what is available in my refrigerator.

I just put green onions, 1 onion, 5 cloves garlic, black pepper, tree barks, 5 jujubes and boiled the chicken for an hour. You have to boil longer if the chicken is older. Put iodized salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and black pepper in a saucer which serves as the sauce by dipping the chicken on it.

It's very easy to make Korean food. As long as you know all the ingredients, just put all together in a bowl and boil. Voila~ you're done!

No comments: