Ingredients: 1 1/2 lb brisket of beef, 6 cups water, 3/4 cup soy sauce, 3 tbsp. sugar, 20 quail eggs, 4 red peppers, 20 cloves garlic
1. Cut the beef into 1 2/3"x2" pieces.
2. Boil the quail eggs for 7 minutes, rolling them so that the yolks will be centered, and peel.
3. Leave the stems on the pepper to a 1/3" length.
4. Put enough water in a pan to cover the beef. Add the beef, bring to a hard boul and then simmer the beef on low heat.
5. When the meat is tender, add the garlic, soy sauce and sugar and simmer gently. Then add the 32, #3 ingredients and bring to a boil.
6. Shred the beef and halve the peppers to serve.
Hint: You may use the shank of beef instead of the brisket of beef.