Ingredients: 3 rolls of rice cake, 1/3 lb. beef, 1 carrot , 10 small green onions, 6 dried brown, oak mushrooms, 3 tbsp. soy sauce, 2 large green onions, 3 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp. sesame oil, 2 tbsp. sesame salt, 2 tsp. sugar, black pepper, red pepper thread, 10 skewers
1. Cut the rolls of rice cake into 2 3/4" lenghths and quarter them lengthwise. Scald and rinse in cold water.
2. Scope the beef lightly and cut it into 3" long, pencil-wide strips.
3. Cut the carrot into 2 3/4" long, pencil-wide strips and scald them in boiling water.
4. Trm and cut the small green onions into 2 3/4" lengths.
5. Soak the dried mushrooms, remove the stems and cut the mushromms into 1/3" wide, 2 3/4" wide strips.
6. Chop the green onions and garlic finely.
7. Combine the soy sauce, green onion, garlic, sesame oil, sesame salt, black pepper and sugar to make the seasoning sauce.
8. Mix the prepared ingredients with half of the seasoning sauce.
9. String seasoned ingredients on skewers alternating the colors beginning and ending with the rice cakes.
10. Baste both sides of the skwered food with the remaining seasoning sauce and fry them in an oiled pan or broil them on a grill.
1. When the rice cake hardens a little, you can cut it into pretty shapes. If the rice cakes becomes too hard, cut it and then scald and rinse in cold water before frying.
2. Trim both edges of the skewered food, so that it looks neat.